Regional Semi-Final Round
Electronic PDF documents to submit
1. Revised Executive Summary
- 1 page maximum; encouraged to use the template provided
- Semi-Final PDFs should be titled using the following convention: TeamName_GSVC SemiFinal_RevisedExecSummary.pdf
2. Business Plan
3. Team Resume Booklet
- 20 pages or less, including text, charts, and diagrams: typed and double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides, page size: 8 1/2 x 11 inches
- Appendices may be an additional 5 pages and may include detailed spreadsheets and other appropriate exhibits
- Total plan length should be no more than 25 pages (a cover page, if included, will not be counted towards the 25 pages).
- Financial section: within the financing section of the business plan, entrants must include an explanation of the offering to investors indicating how much money is required, how it will be used, and how a deal might be structured (i.e., stock, debentures, etc.). The team is not required to reveal its desired deal, although the judges may ask questions about it. This section should also delineate the possible exit strategies. Detailed financial data should be displayed in spreadsheet form as an appendix. Financial data should include a cash flow statement, income statement, and balance sheet.
- Social Impact Assessment section: Required. Please review the 2013 GSVC SIA Guidelines and access other helpful resources at the SIA section of our website
- Business plan PDFs should be titled using the following convention: TeamName_GSVCSemifinal_BPlan.pdf
4. Pitch Video
- Each individual’s resume should not exceed one page in length.
- Resume booklet PDFs should be titled using the following convention: TeamName_GSVCSemifinal_ResumeBooklet.pdf
- Please note that even if your team resume booklet has not changed from the one that was submitted for the executive summary round, we are asking you to rename the file and resubmit one for the semi-finals round.
- 90 seconds or less, demonstrating your business opportunity and idea – the details and format of the video are left to your discretion and should best represent the strengths of your idea and team. This is especially useful for judges that will not meet the teams during this round.
- For this round, the video is submitted as a URL link
- Complete and submit the Pitch Video Submission form in the Submission Forms box at the top of the page.
- Pitch video link documents should be titled using the following convention: TeamName_GSVCSemifinal_PitchVideoWaiver.doc